Thank you so much to the brilliant Ajaytao for nominating me for the Liebster award.
1. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the following questions:
3. And pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.
1. What makes you happiest?
Oddly enough, what makes me happiest is when I have down time to just be alone, listen to my music and – depending on how inspired I’m feeling – draw.
2. Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more?
I love both, though, I have an irrational fear of going into the ocean, which isn’t a problem because I haven’t been near one since I was four.
3. What has been your favorite moment of 2012?
The moment that I stepped off of the stage at the Canadian Pain Summit and realized that everyone was out of their seats and clapping, I was also pretty pleased that I didn’t faint!!
4. What is your favorite quote and why?
“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” – Ben Okri
This is my favorite quote because it’s accurate and beautifully put. It poetically sums up all of the things that – in my eyes – are the most amazing things about humans.
5. Do you like yourself?
No, not always.
6. Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve?
The stroke of Midnight is more like mid afternoon the way my sleep hours are set – I’m always up for it!
7. Something you wish you get done ASAP?
Illustrations for a children’s book I agreed to do. They’re taking longer than anticipated.
8. What was your favorite class while still in school?
I loved art, P.E. and English. If I had to choose between them I think I’d pick P.E, probably because most of the things I loved about it are now off limits because of my disorder so I’m feeling nostalgic – especially for basketball and volleyball.
9. What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play?
Keyboard/piano, guitar, the harmonica when I was little and they made us learn how to play the recorder in elementary school.
10. Anything you wish you had learned earlier?
I wish that I could have taken piano and guitar lessons early on in my childhood. Singing lessons would’ve been awesome as well.
11. Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint?
I love, love, love crafts and drawing. I’ve always said that I would love to start painting too but I haven’t yet. I really should get on that.
My 11 nominees are:
*To many of the blogs I’ve nominated: I’ve been trying to follow your blogs for weeks but every time I click follow, the next time I visit the blog it says I’m not following again. I apologize for this! I love all of your blogs and will keep trying to follow them!!*
Faith, Hope, Heart
Hope for Heather
Me, Myself and Ela
Musings of a Marfan Mom
Through the Healing Lens