I know I haven’t been on here much lately. I’ve had a fairly busy month as far as busy goes in my life. Every time I sit down to write something comes up or I lack the proper words for what I want to say.
For now, I’m here to post about how I was given the Liebster Award. This award in particular means a lot to me because it was given to me by my absolute favorite blogger and one of my biggest inspirations: Maya (Marfmom). I wouldn’t have this blog if it weren’t for her. She’s the one who answers my questions when I’m lost and gives me support when I’m scared. No matter what’s going on in her life or how busy she is, she always takes the time to talk me through my concerns. I was lucky enough to finally get to meet her in person at the NMF conference a few years ago. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that she’s changed my life.
Anways, enough gushing; read her blog!! It’s amazingly well written, informative, eye opening and inspiring.
Liebster Award Rules
1. You must thank the person who gave you this award
2. You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
3. You should nominate 7 other blogs
4. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
5. Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
6. Create 11 questions for those you nominate to answer
7. Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post.
As for the 7 blogs that I nominate:
Divine Lunacy: This is one of the first blogs that I ever started reading after joining the blogging community. We share a lot of the same interests artistically. She’s a fantastically creative person.
Do I look sick?: I really, really like Rachel’s blog. Her strength and courage through many of the things she’s been and is going through are inspiring.
Expressions of my life – An evolution of art: What can I say? I adore Ben, his art, his writing, his poems and the music he posts. You must check out his blog!!
Oh What a Pain: Tracy is one in a circle of chronic pain/illness bloggers that I closely follow and who inspire and support me. Her humorous and knowledgeable approach to blogging about life with pain is good for the spirit..and the brain!
Overwhelmed By Joy: Another one of my absolute favorite bloggers. She is so kind, supportive and courageous. I’m so thankful to have found her amazing blog.
Petit4Chocolatier: Another one of my blogger-friends. I must warn you: looking at her blog may cause stomach growling and mouth watering!!
Phylor’s Blog: I love the way that Phylor writes. And I love the wide variety of things that can be read about on this blog.
11 things about me:
1. I love seeing lots of bright colors everywhere. My room is proof of that.
2. My favorite word is loquacious, I just love the way it sounds.
3. Many of the people that I draw remain bald – I hate drawing hair so I often quit once I get to it.
4. My favorite smell and taste is vanilla.
5. My ancestors are Scottish and Italian on my dad’s side and Norwegian, Icelandic and Danish on my mom’s.
6. I’m a huge history buff.
7. Math is definitely not my thing, science either.
8. I love playing card games,
9. I’m really into folk music, old and new.
10. My fingers are always freezing cold. Always.
Answer these 11 questions:
1) If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? No more chronic pain!
2) High heels, sneakers or flip flops? Sneakers.
3) The Beach, the City or the Mountain? Definitely the mountain!
4) Who is your favorite singer/group? Right now (I’m always adding to this) I love Matthew and the Atlas, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Laura Marling, the Lumineers and Mumford and Sons. They’ve all been on repeat on my ipod non stop.
5) If you could vacation anywhere (expense is not a consideration) where would you go and why? I would love to see Scotland and Ireland. I’ve always wanted to see and take pictures of the beautiful old buildings and castles there.
6) Do you mind that my blog is sometimes snarky? Not at all!
7) What is one thing we would be surprised to know about you? Oh jeez…hmm. Oh; I’m not a vampire and I’m not deathly ill, I really am just naturally this pale.
8 )Favorite, guilty pleasure, TV show? American Horror Story. It’s only a guilty pleasure because it’s so twisted. But, that kind of thing really fascinates me.
9) Favorite book or author? I’m really into the “A Song of Ice and Fire” series right now.
10) Do you admit to having a favorite child? Since I don’t have my own kids I’ll answer in regards to the little cousins. Depends on who’s throwing the tantrum and who’s behaving at the time!!
11) If you could replace your life with one from the Disney Channel which show would you pick? I’m not familiar with any of the shows on the Disney Channel.
11 questions for my nominees:
1) What inspired you to begin blogging?
2) What’s your favorite blog post ever published by you? (so I can go read it!)
3) What’s your favorite hobby?
4) Cats or dogs and why?
5) Are you a city person or a country person?
6) Extroverted or introverted?
7) Are you a good judge of character?
8) What is your favorite genre of music?
9) Are you a morning person or do you prefer the night?
10) Warm colors or cold colors?
11) 2 things you’d be miserable without for a day? (Food, air and water not included)